Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturday and its Hot...

I had a fun time bowling at the Roundup Fundraiser last night. I was not really feeling like going and my inner monologue..(.hence forth to be known as i.m. ) was telling me that I didn't really want to go. i.m. was telling me how tired I was and I didn't have the energy and blah, blah, blah. I am so grateful I didn't listen!! It was fun and our team won the Most Enthusiastic. Its amazing how just a little screaming and dancing to the groove of Michael Jackson will pick up the spirits. Something about hurtling a heavy ball down the lane to obliterate the pins feels so rewarding. and today I am grateful I am not sore for the effort. There ain't no technique in my bowling skills. Its just raw power unleashed to maximum effect. BTW I only bowled a 112 so you see how far that raw power goes. Whats the saying..all brawn and little brains.......(ouch that hurt...)

Hank the Dog and I went for a walk this morning to Inversion. When we got there I saw a guy who I recognized. I couldn't for the life of me remember where from though. I said hello and told him I couldn't remember where I had met him. he was the same. I am uncomfortable with those kind of encounters at times. I ask myself was this someone I used with? promised to marry in a sketchy haze...? used his drugs in my Mother Teresa sort of way...?

Alas....we met on the Warrior Weekend through the Mankind Project that I staffed in July. Well we had a great conversation. I got to talk about how I have trouble connecting with other Warriors and some people in general. He shared how he was in the same situation and I was reminded that my HP has me on the right path. Keep moving and everything will work itself out.

so far.....SO GOOD.

Today I am grateful

1. for iced coffee in the morning that gives me a little bit of a
"get-up-and-go".

2. for Hank the Dog that likes to go for morning walks.

3. for my conversation with Deanna about staying in things that are "safe."

4. for meeting a fellow Warrior this morning and not being embarrassed
about asking him "where do I know you from." --thank can be dangerous
with a checkered address book like i have.

5. for opening up to him about some of the things that hold me back.

6. for God reminding me of lessons I could use today.

7. for smoothies that are oh-so-good and delicious.

8. that my meds are working out so far. minus the "Experimental"
Drug but that might come later. (it looks great in capital
letters......)

9. for AC....its hot outside.

10. for the Blogging community that I am entering. I am posting at:

http://tomjourney.blogspot.com/

lots of love to my peeps.

Tom

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Thanks (again) for sharing, Tom.

Scott W said...

With a little practice you can change that i.m. into an OM.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.