Friday, August 10, 2007

I like this....

thank you folks for posting welcomes and comments. It made me feel good and included. I just read them and wanted to put down my gratitude right away. Next stop on the road is checking other bloggers out. Reading others blogs is like the adult version of reading my sister's diary's when I was younger. But way better and not as risky to my physical well being.

I tell you I am feeling 100% better from the other day. I have been taking some concrete action and suggestions from some people I really admire and am feeling the rewards and effects. I have had Hank the Dog staying with me for the past couple of nights and I forgot how much I LOVE!!!!!! dogs. Taking care of something other than myself is miraculous and I remember how much I love the connection that animals foster between people. KIDS at Hermann Park loved him. They were Hispanic kids and we were all conversing in broken Spanglish. and Hank just wagged his tail.

My Meds situation is better today. no adverse effects so far. I am taking a big cocktail minus the experimental drug right now. I love saying "experimental", makes this addict feel very special. So we will see. Please include me in your prayers. Hope you all had great day.

Today I am grateful:

for Hank the Dog and the magic of an empty water bottle that he loves.

for the companionship of Kyle.

Dust clothes that capture dust instead of moving it all around.

for sweet smelling candles

for cold water in the fountains at Hermann Park

for being treated for Breakfast.

for not goin into AnnaGalactic Shock due to drug reaction.

3 comments:

dAAve said...

How does one get treated for breakfast? Is it like being treated for blue balls or an ear infection?

Zanejabbers said...

Hi Tom, I blog on an intermittent basis. Every now and then I will post daily for a few weeks and then nothing. However, that is not the way I tend to my sobriety.
Welcome to the BLOGOSPHERE. It is fun, rewarding, and lots of recovery out there. Enjoy it on your terms. See you at Lambda.

Scott W said...

Dogs are miracles, just like sober people.